[Inkscape-user] Newbie question: concentric circles?
stuseven
2007-07-22 20:21:11 UTC
I think this should be simply, once you learn
to draw a regular circle - which is, I believe, done
by holding the CTRL key, as you drag the ellipse tool.

After drawing your circles, you can size them very
exactly, using the "menu bar", or otherwise.
I'm a brand-new Inkscape user, and I was wondering what's the best method
for constructing a ring of concentric circles (like a target).
Thanks,
Guy Hoyle
jiho
2007-07-22 22:38:29 UTC
Post by stuseven
I think this should be simply, once you learn
to draw a regular circle - which is, I believe, done
by holding the CTRL key, as you drag the ellipse tool.
After drawing your circles, you can size them very
exactly, using the "menu bar", or otherwise.
You can draw one circle (use the ellipse tool and hold CTRL as
previously said) and then duplicate it (CTRL+D) and resize the
duplicated one from its center (SHIFT+CTRL+drag the handles of the
object) and so on for all your circles. If you want this to be
precise you can use the grid. Using the menu bar to input values may
be problematic because it will probably shift circles centers.
Post by stuseven
I'm a brand-new Inkscape user, and I was wondering what's the best method
for constructing a ring of concentric circles (like a target).
Thanks,
Guy Hoyle
JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/
bulia byak
2007-07-22 22:51:45 UTC
Post by jiho
and resize the
duplicated one from its center (SHIFT+CTRL+drag the handles of the
object)
Much faster and more precise is by pressing < or Alt+< the same number
of times for each circle.
--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.
http://www.inkscape.org
Denis Fernandez Cabrera
2007-07-23 09:11:37 UTC
Or, alternatively, you can use the "Tile Clones" option, telling it not
to displace the centers of the clones, but to reduce the size. That
should give you a fairly controllable way of doing very precise
arrangements of concentric circles (such as exponentially converging
spaces between them, and the like).

Denís.
Post by bulia byak
Post by jiho
and resize the
duplicated one from its center (SHIFT+CTRL+drag the handles of the
object)
Much faster and more precise is by pressing < or Alt+< the same number
of times for each circle.
--
# Denís Fernández Cabrera #